For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Monday, November 30, 2015

Title

Tomorrow, the car will no longer be driven, due to problems involving insurance. When it's illegal to NOT have insurance, you know you're not free.
I get tired of being stuck in a world where you can't go be a hermit unless you're rich enough to own land to be a hermit in the woods on.
Or, if you want to be poor, you're not allowed to.
I'm trying to make a new kind of shoe that's better than normal ones and allows for dexterity (more than converse, my favorite). But I can't find leather! Just when I get the pattern down right and I've figured how to do it all, I realize... I don't have material.
The other morning just after finishing all the breakfast cleanup and starting on lunch, I made a decision. I have to make it out of something or my mind will freak! So I took a pair of scissors and cut off the bottom of the curtain.
It's not so bad as it sounds! The thang is in really bad shape!

We're taking out walls and stuff while it's so rainy outside. There are puddles and sad mud ditches and rivers and constant drizzles and drippings, though it's warming up just a little. It's still not fun to go to the outhouse in the middle of the night or in the morning or any time at all, but at least we all have coats (I have my thiwuba). I got me a four dollar clock so  I can wake up on time! Oh badness, I totally have to go now! I have to get there in time for lunch!
Oh, and by the way, I know I make it sound like I'm constantly writing stories and drawing and making shoes but that's not how it is! I just find that more interesting and my fingers follow my brain and my brain moves on its own.

6 comments:

linda said...

wow this is today's post n i got all caught up on these from OK and WA ha ha ;) sorry bout the car! gonna make it a bit tougher eh?. :(

linda said...

yes it is very frustrating when you know what you wanna make n do not have the materials supplies etc grrrr ;(

linda said...

will you walk, take buses n taxi's etc to stores n library? hope things are not too far in the cold bundle up! :)

Havi said...

I had to bike here, but hopefully soon I won't have to go to the library anymore.

linda said...

why won't you go to the library?

Havi said...

Hehe! Internet is at home now!