For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Monday, November 30, 2015

What's happening in Vancouver- brokenness

Great time meeting with the church tonight.
"God help me love others and forgive when those I expect love from, seem to be communicating disinterest".
 I even interpret it as hatred when I am feeling especially rejected by those who I know would claim to love me.
As a society we don't carry on relationships well. It is like we are baby's and have never learned how to make people feel our love and care. We are awkward. Instead of loving those around us with a deep respect that they can feel and reciprocate, we reach out, way, way out to hundreds and love them poorly. How very lonely.
No, we didn't study that at our meeting. We studied the gospel and chewed long on the biblical teaching that God loves us. He forgives us and it is His blood over our mantel that saves us from the condemnation of our sin.
After the meetings, it is common for us to share how our own brokenness is dragging us down and how much we need Jesus and how we can forgive others because they are broken too.
The above was my cry for help tonight.

Currently, the baby inside me feels large in his squirming and the contractions are getting stronger. I better go to bed and relax so I don't get 'kicked' into labor. Leon still needs a wrench to be able to fill up the birth tub and the hardware stores are closed now. I'm hoping that I have at least one more blissful night of sleep before the even more blissful time of night feedings.

No comments: