For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Four

I moved my bedding inside last night and counted the cockroaches in the niche they were in last time. Not three any more. Four.

I was sleeping peacefully this morning, for the first night in five, when Ephraim said,
"Time to wake up, right?"
I knew he was speaking true, so I said,
"Yeah,", but I went back to sleep.
You know how that is... when you're in your bed, and it's quite a bit warmer under your covers than out, and your nose is just cold enough to tell you to stay put. And you don't feel like stretching, or moving; in fact your eyelids are heavy and your eyes roll back even when you open them. That feeling is usually termed "sleepiness", but it feels much more obligatory when you have it.
I wasn't so sleepy when I remembered I had some coffee in my can in the cooler, and all I had to do was add cream and honey. I just love coffee. I don't like having it every day, but when I do have it then I have it strong and all I want of it till noon.
Well, I ended up putting it in my triticale (I'd put too much cream and you can't remedy that), but no matter: I got a new cup when I went to church.
It was called, Grace Community Church. I have yet to find a church that I can get excited about and that isn't extinct or somewhere else (Transform was amazing). I want to change things about these churches, but I don't think people will listen to a young person. Maybe I'm wrong, too.
Anyway, it was certainly nice, pleasant all the way through. The sermon was interesting. The people were fun to glance at (would've looked, but it's rude).
Agh, time's up.
I'm not a critical person though, people, don't get that idea. I'm fine with the way things are, but if it's wanted to be better, I've always got ideas! :)
The End.


7 comments:

Betsy said...

Thank you Havilah for the address & suggestion.

As for church I find our Pastor to be a shepherd/lover of God & people which I feel is most important yet the order of service while understandable is lacking in my humble opinion. At times we are asked to share our praises & prayers individually and those are some of our best services.

Wear that full body armor & keep battling the bugs.
Love
Gdma Betsy

Havi said...

Yep, I agree with that. Yeah, I think it's much better when the people who make up the church participate in it and in leading it too.

linda said...

oh ya I forgot to ask who is Amille? I may hv spelled it wrong.? & what is a Tricticle? or whatever that was you were talking bout your coffee n too much cream etc. oh n yeah how will you know if they will listen to your ideas if you don't ask? At least ask n see if they will listen n well maybe respond in a good manner? idk I know what you mean though. I try to give ideas n peeps just let them fall flat or they want me to take on the task n I well just need more peeps (people) to help me with it all (whatever it is ya know)

linda said...

mmmm great words of wisdom Betz! Love that you are connected with Havi on here and love that I am now too! It makes me kinda wish that I or my fam were doing something adventurous as you Havilah and Ephraim n your whole family! I need to do more stuff and look at sleep etc in a way you do, but of course I have to remember I am older now & my body in a dif place than yours ha ha. Glad u n E are keeping up on your Martial arts even there at OK just the 2 of you. I have my exercise routine here too :)

linda said...

Yes there will NEVER be a perfect church till Jesus gets here and He is reigning ruling. But yes still good to have a great preacher who does not waver from the truth and decent music but yep all does not always fall into place yep .....

linda said...

Looking forward to next blog, I hope i remember to check these......

Havi said...

Ammiel is what I call Elsie. And triticale is a grain that we sometimes eat for breakfast like oatmeal. Yeah, you're right about that. I don't like talking to people or initiating conversations, but once I'm in it, I can get kind of excited... I think you know that. ;)