For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Monday, October 12, 2015

What? Another post from the Renowned Havilah!

The renowned Havilah...
Posts again.

We woke up at 7:30 this morning, the sun making it impossible to stay abed. In fact, it had been bright for nearly an hour already.
The first thing either of us thought of was:
"We gotta make breakfast." I said that, he said that. Several times before we actually got ourselves out of bed.
You know how it is. When you neglect eating, you get tired. Lazy. The night before, Ephraim and I could hardly stay awake to eat a can of sardines we got at the store. I hated them, they were gross, but at least I was able to move from the driver's seat to the back of the car, and lock the house and all.
Nonetheless there was no avoiding the fact that we could not subsist on nothing; therefore we made some preparations.
To our credit, we had actually planned to eat the night before and bought ingredients for a good meal, but had lost stamina and therefore it had been delayed to next morning.
Well, he took out his tiny stove and the thing of propane (the power's still not been turned on), and I took half the hamburger and put it in the pot which can be used to fry or cook, if you know what I mean. Anyway I cut up half the onion (half! can you believe it? I felt weird wrapping up the other half in plastic when I'm so used to using all the onions we have) and I tossed it in there... Oh, by then it smelled so good I could imagine the neighbors in their houses, sniffing the air...
I added some salt, cayenne, and crushed red peppers.
We put it in a bowl (and covered it of course! we were cooking inside). Then we cooked the noodles. Yes, we bought bad-for-you noodles. But comfort yourself with the fact that we put so much cheese on it!
We dished ourselves up and sat on the back of the car with the door up and hoping it wouldn't fall on our heads.
"It just falls in the early morning," Ephraim said.
"Yeah," I said. "It thinks, 'Oh, so tired. You expect me to stay up right now?'"
"Yeah." Ephraim said.
We had just the exactly perfect amount of food.
You know, I am an eating person. Whenever I post, you are probably going to be surprised by the amount of stuff I write about eating, but whatever. It's okay because generally everybody likes food. Right?
Well, we went to the store for a crowbar and set to work after turning on a playlist of music on my Ipod using a mini speaker. Thank you my dear Asaph, we are going to have such a good time with that speaker. And just for you, I capitalized the I in Ipod.
While I worked up a sweat tearing up plywood off of beautiful, albeit scratched, dented, paint-dropped, and otherwise harmed wood floor, Ephraim did the same in the bathroom. He was demolishing an old bathtub with a sledgehammer. (We found out that sledgehammers are really useful, as well as crowbars. What you do is you put the crowbar in the slit you want to widen and hit it really hard with the sledgehammer. Stuff breaks but you get the job done.)
We had crackers and cheese for lunch (I warned you I would talk about this) and we sat out on the boards on the hole on the front step and talked about deep stuff, like, Why did we both think of that at the exact same time?
Seriously though, it was deep.

I don't remember what'all we did after that, but I guess we did the same stuff as before with only slight alteration.
I went to the library, and Bam. Here I am.
There you are! Enjoy it and, if you want, go to MY blog (a story blog) at havilasstories.blogspot.com.
If you are going to read my most recent story, then read it but don't stop in the middle! My stories are only whole if you read them completely.
Good day to you.


4 comments:

linda said...

Hi Havilah I cannot access YOUR blog site it hmmm not happening :( but man are you funny! love reading these blogs from you n E in Oklahoma! ;)

linda said...

so you were cooking outside in the car?

Havi said...

We weren't cooking, just eating leftovers from the food we brought on the trip. Let me invite you to read my blog...

Havi said...

I need your email! Can you send me it through Mama? Then I can allow access, because I just made it a private blog.