For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Monday, January 19, 2009

preparations

We received the medicals on our new boys and they report that the boys are healthy and free from disease. They have been placed in the care of a local pastor there. This is a great relief to us as we are assured that they have some protection at night and at least more food than they had before and love. We have a couple people scouting around for mattresses and Mr. Ferguson is coming over soon to help us complete some of the work on the basement. I have started preparing our freezer with freezer meals. We have been finding out more and more information on our boys and that has been exciting and fun. Leon described it as putting puzzle pieces together. I'm sure the boys will have a lot to tell us.
Our newest little wonder is growing healthy. We long for her but, we are patient.
I think she is a girl.
If the boys do not arrive by March 13th, I am going to the Above Rubies ladies retreat in Olympia. I would encourage all women to attend. I have gone to 3 of these retreats and each time come away with inspiration and joy that has never left me. The retreat is scheduled for March 13th through 15th at Black Lake bible camp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got to your blog from Nat'l Cen Family Integrated Churches. I assume you are no longer in Bartlesville?

Thanks,
Kathy
jkarnette@familynet.net

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I can hardly wait to meet your newest family members! I'll call soon for a get together at our place.