For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Overflowing

The minister of Liberia has at last signed the case histories on Simeon and Patrick and handed them over to our agency!
This is what we have been waiting for, for a year. If God allows, the adoption should complete in 2 months and our boys will be here toward the end of February. We trust the Lord with this plan.
We have many preparations to make in a relatively short period of time.
We already moved the girls to the downstairs bedroom. We moved the boys around so that Naphtali (4), Asaph (9), and Nehemiah (1.5) will all be in one upstairs bedroom. Ephraim (14) is in the other upstairs bedroom which he will share with Simeon(7) and Patrick(9) when they arrive. The newest little one will stay in Leon and my walk in closet which we will convert to a little nursery as we did with Nehemiah.
We hope to have 2 weeks of freezer meals ready before our African boys arrive. Leon is planning to take a week or more of time of work. We will focus on bonding and dealing with family introductions, practicalities of living together and immediate issues resulting from completely different beliefs, habits, backgrounds, cultures etc. I am hoping to document these first weeks somehow but, I know I won't have much or any extra time. I think having all the children journal every day will be a good start.
We also need to take stock of what clothing and bedding we have and be ready with what we will need. I know we do not have enough to go around at this point. We'll even need extra bowls and mugs, toothbrushes, snowboots, shoes etc. We do not have one bowl for every member of our family as it is. That kind of stuff is going to be fun. I think I can get most of what I need from the pawn shop in Spirit Lake.
Wow! I have a feeling we're not going to be sending out Christmas cards or scrapbooking(you want to help me out Erin? or Marla?) or even taking the time to wear matching socks for a year (or ever?).
We love all of you. We pray for you, talk about you and think about you.

p.s.(Anybody want to make a few shirts out of a pattern I have for all our boys? Or some dresses? I have simple patterns for both. They turn out great but, I'm going to be so busy.)

No comments: