For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Friday, March 03, 2017

Reading Time (Guest Post by Havilah)

On my best days I used to get in trouble for being too interesting.
In reading time, morning and evening, I would always find some way to trick the child in Mama's arms to squirm out and start playing with me. Distracting the Little Ones During Reading Time became a serious offense because of me. Sometimes I wasn't even doing it on purpose.
As Papa opened the bible tonight, I lay down on the floor, on top of the crack that air from under the house blows through on cold days.
No sooner had my spine started to un-kink than I looked up and caught Nelinha's eye. She grinned like I had just told her a joke and started twisting backwards out of Mama's arms. Whilst communicating that I should pay attention, she picked up a shoe and offered it to me.
"Thank you, but what am I supposed to do with this?" I whispered.
She shrugged and handed me another shoe.
Compliantly, I balanced the shoes on top of my feet in the air. She laughed appreciatively and gave me the shoes again.
"I'm not doing it again," I whispered. It was distracting enough the first time.
She put her hand on her forehead. She wouldn't take no for an answer.
"I'm sorry." I said.
She glared at me, kept her hand on her forehead and didn't take it off for the next five minutes.
This caused an uproar of general appreciation of her cuteness.

Thanks for reading! Visit my main blog, www.returntochileamission.blogspot.com for more!

No comments: