For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Friday, January 20, 2017

Pie and the Return to Chile (Guest Post by Havilah)

Havilah posts:

"See, this ambient music is perfect for background." I wandered back over to the pot of pink goo bubbling on the stove. "See, it doesn't have to be super interesting."
Asaph nodded. He put a couple more dishes in the sink and meandered after me. He watched me give it a stir. It was supposed to be pie filling, but it had undergone a few mishaps (unmeasured tapioca, being left to burn for awhile, running out of corn starch).
"So did you double it--" He stammered. "I mean, did you quadruple it?"
I loooked up in surprise. Why would he think I quadrupled it?
"I mean, did you twenty-times-it?"
"Yeah." I laughed. That took way too many tries.
The pie turned out well, despite the dubious pink goo it started out as.

Everybody, if you want to read more narrative-style blogging written by me, visit my blog at www.returntochileamission.blogspot.com
It has stories about our time in Chile in the past as well as updates on the Return to Chile: a Mission.
For those of you who don't know, Asaph and I will be going to Chile to learn to be (and then be) missionaries.
I'll post about once a week, in the same style I've posted on the family blog in the past (if you've read those). At least bookmark it and check in every now and again! I love everybody who reads this, seriously!
The End

No comments: