For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Saturday, November 07, 2015

Yo Te Busco

Asaph and Grandpa Wayne are coming into town today. I'm really happy because, you know how each person and each family and each place has its own feeling? Asaph will bring the fresh feeling of family with him. It's like a smell. It can wear off, and then wear back on again, or be stronger or fainter.
We pulled nails out of boards we're salvaging while listening to a long playlist of Spanish worship music, occasionally making fun of the rarely-distinguishable accents of the singers. My favorite is Yo Te Busco. Senor Juan, in Chile, gave Ephraim a lot of music that is basically our style of worship music, in Spanish. But since it came from us, the only people who write music like that are missionaries or their children in Spanish-speaking countries. Their native culture is North American, and their languages are English and Spanish.  It's kind of funny--Chileans introduced a lot of American things to us.
We didn't finish the entire playlist before lunch. Last night we had the most amazing chili! I ate rather too much, but it was SO delicious!
Today, it had turned into a kind of soup we added noodles to. While we ate, Ephraim read his book and I wrote on a new story. I know, I keep saying "I made a new story!" I AM finishing the old ones though! Well, that'll be The End.
(Below is the house)

No comments: