For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Saturday, January 23, 2016

My morning part 2

It was challenging to get breakfast started once the little ones started coming in with their needs. I had just reached a critical moment when I heard Nelinha wake up with needs that only I could fill. I picked a couple volunteers to take over frying pancakes, designated two more to set the table, and followed the new sound of her vulnerable cry.
She was scrunching up her face and pursing her lips with her two tiny fists pushed into her chubby cheeks. She was stretching and squeaking the way only newborns do. There was a sweet and milky smell. When I picked her up she was warm, damp and squishy.
One of my greatest pleasures in life is kissing her when she is like that.
Breakfast was good and healthy and it felt good to know that many of us worked together to make it happen.
-Jennifer

No comments: