For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

written mid August

I ache to live more outside. The air is so fresh and it blows life right into me. A few leaves are turning their beautiful fall colors-, painted red and gold, and green fading into rusty brown.
We love living out here in Northern Idaho. We look forward to each new day. Several events are worth looking for; visitors, x-fest, our reunion in Cannon Beach, then Christmas and all the beautiful times of sledding and watching the snow fall while we are inside our clean house warmed by the wood stove.
I'm reclining on the couch with sweet Elsie in my lap. She has the hiccups. She is watching me and her arms are moving slowly around. When I look outside I see the laundry line full of small pink clothes and blankets. I hear 6 children working together on a project. The house is untidy but, that's okay. We just had a new baby, it can be out of sorts like the rest of us for a while. It will feel good to get up and bring it back to order. But, not now. This is my special time to rest and dream and hold Elsie while she sleeps and cries.

No comments: