For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

What's going on with the Goodenough family in Vancouver?

Havilah writes about her adventures in Oklahoma in such a fresh and humorous way that I was happy to let her take over the blogging for the family. In addition to that I would like to start posting updates from the home front.
Our world is about to be rocked by a giant eternity altering event in the form of an 8lb (or so) miracle made by and in the image of the creator of the universe.
I am due to deliver in just over 1 week. I think that we are as ready as we can be except for a few details. The baby is too much of a minimalist at this point and while perfectly darling as is, I think that I should get him/her some clothes. I also need to buy the treats for the party that we always have on the bed after the baby is out in the fresh air for all to worship. We'll need; brie, crackers, fresh figs, dates, sparkling juice, and we should definitely have some chocolate.
Did I say worship? There is a lot of worship going on, especially for the first few hours. We are not worshiping the child who is, after all, the same as us- broken. We are worshiping the image of God that we see and the power of God that we just experienced in the moment of birth.
More later, with photo's


5 comments:

Havi said...

Oh Mama! I so want to be there. This post perfectly describes the way we all feel when we're gonna get another baby in the family.

Jennifer Goodenough said...

I wish you could be here too. I'll never forget how you supported me when Lazuli was coming. How ever were you strong enough to hold me up? I forgot you were my little girl and leaned on you like you were my best girl friend. You ARE my best girl friend. You and Zuriel.

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about your amazing birth. I also loved your floor sitting post as well. It definitely makes me want to try it. Lisa

linda said...

oh aw you made me cry Jen! your comment up above to Havi! Yes excited for new Goodenough to arrive! Great to hear your after birth routine of worship n treats wtih the fam! ;)

Havi said...

You are MY best girl friend too Mama. I love working in the kitchen with you and taking turns with who gets to hold the baby (even though I must say you get WAY more time than me!) ;)