For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day

We left Tuesday morning before 7am. We drove to Roy and Louise's. We slept there three nights. While there we took our bikes to Clay Canyon. Clay Canyon has two very steep dirt trails that go down into a small canyon and back up the other side. There is also a cable swing tied to a tree about 75 ft up with big knots near the bottom to hold onto. We had a thrilling time running full speed, and propelling ourselves off of a stump and over the canyon.

We had a great band practice with Brock Dittus and Mark McCary. We got to meet Brock's new bride and spend time with Holly McCary. The next day we met the Westcott's and the Simonatti's at a park in Portland. We got to meet two tiny boys who were created on purpose by God for good works which He planned in advance for them to do. They were Enoch Simonatti and Iylan Westcott. I was mainly counting to six the whole time that we were there so we decided to visit with them more the next week. Thursday night I went to girls group with Christy Simonatti, Marla Dimmick, Annette Fordyce, and Charissa Swanson. We have been
meeting now for almost 14 years. Nine months pregnant Annette Fordyce is due to labor today, Labor day. I look forward to meeting this new proof of God's creative power and innocent beauty.
On Friday we travelled to Skamania to attend Xfest for a couple hours. We tried to bless folks by offering up our hearts and efforts in the music God lets us make. During one of the songs God especially made His presence known. He didn't have to do it but, He is so perfect and sweet. I was bathing in His smile.
We visited the Flechtners, Westcott's, Jeanie Sherman, Mccarry's, Dittis', Henshalls, Bree, Nicki, Maes, and others.
From there we went to the Cannon Beach Conference Center to meet with my mom, stepdad Wayne, brothers Kevin and Chris Collins and thier families. I met my new darling nephew Cannon who is has only been born 6 months. I loved him the instant I saw him. It seems like he is a little version of my brother Chris. We had talked on a deep level with some of my family. I was reminded of the necessity to speak the truth in love in some instances. I actually was called on by the Lord to do this and although it wasn't easy, it was good.
We spent the night at my dad's after leaving the conference. I caught up on some of my lost sleep. Leon played a show at the Satyricon. He got to see Nate Allen and Tessa, Mr. Baxter, Todd Fadel, Tony Panick, Dennis Childers, Carlon Way, Tyler Hentchel and others.
Tonight we go to Leon's brother and sisters house, Kenn and Pat. We plan to see the Westcott's again on Thursday and the Simonatti's on Friday because Leon wasn't able to see Randy yet. We would like to see Tim Fadel and family before Tim goes to walk in the real lands where we can't visit him yet.

No comments: