For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Friday, November 17, 2006

the sweetness of daily life

Leon has been working in Tulsa. The pay is great but, it's a contract position that will likely end at or before 6 months from now. Just when we are really going to want a stable job. Pray for Leon to get a permanent position. We can't buy properties without it. The plan is to buy enough rentals to bring Leon home in a few years to do more children and music ministry. This is a good area for that. We also want to be able to buy a property with some acreage for the sake of good clean exercise, gardening and fun for a house full of active boys and girls. We can buy great properties here but, need permanent work to get the loan. So again, pray for permanent work.
Speaking of work: I finally finished caulking. I drove a nail in a loose board today and declared it done. We can finally start painting.
I am feeling more energy now but, am getting a lot of migraines again. They mean no work that day or the next and I get them once a week. I am very thankful that they are so mild now. I go to bed and stay still and quiet with a black sock over my eyes and have hours to do nothing but, pray. It is quite nice. The children do very well being quiet now that they are so old and helpful. Sometimes I get up in a few hours, sometimes more but, I wouldn't even call it suffering. I don't fear them like I used to.

We are getting excited for winter and Christmas. We plan on doing less book work some days and more baking and being creative etc. All the kids have been hand sewing dolls and costumes and various other things to give each other for Christmas. Precious belongings are being snuck out of public view and wrapped up for siblings. Even a stuffed animal that has belongs to someone for 12 years and has survived all the purging of various moves was tucked away to be given as a Christmas gift this year to Naphtali. I noticed a couple books missing from the bookshelf. They weren't even theirs to give but, I don't care. It's not like the books are leaving the house, just tools for expressing love.

Update:
I had a quote on some roof work of $2200. We accepted it until we asked a contractor friend who told us of a christian man who he trusts and we called him. He told us it would be around $500. Wow, we are so thankful to be saved from putting money in the hands of a cheat.

I'm going to a home school fellowship group on Tuesday. She hoped I wouldn't be offended because the hostess has tattoos. Aahh, I'll feel right at home. Some of them in the group even home birth which is uncommon in Ok now. Leons dad was born at home not too far from bartlesville. Much of the world home births and America with all it's hospital births and interventions has a horrid infant and mother mortality rate compared to countries that birth mainly at home using mid wives. People over here say "you're a brave woman to use a mid wife", I think, "quite the opposite".

What else,,,, Right now it's sunny, beautiful and about 50 every day with 29 degrees at night. It's lovely. We'll see. Every place is temporary. We'll just have fun growing here for a while and then go wherever, whenever, it seems best.

I'm so tired but, I can work on the house a bit every week. I'm half way done with the main color which is called Cloud of Winter . It's moss green. If I saw a cloud that color my brother Chris would say "run for the storm cellar". I'm trying to blog more again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for the job...the migraines and the pregnancy. I love you Jenny, and I am really missing you all so much as Fall and Winter are upon us.
I'm glad you can use your migraine times to focus on Jesus. That is such a testimony to His power in your life. xoxo - Erin