For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Friday, April 01, 2011

Nadia's Hope

One day the Smith family came to see Nadia. The orphanage workers said, "she can't move her arms and legs. They are as stiff as boards". The Smith family took her to their hotel room eased her into a nice warm bath. Her arms and legs seemed to loosen a little. Every day they took her and put her in the bath and every day her limbs loosened more.

The orphanage workers said, she won't respond to you. The Smith family took her to a rocking chair and talked gently to her. They sang to her and stroked her soft cheeks. Her blind eyes stared and her mouth and face showed no understanding of their attentions, but they believed that she was listening.

Every day they rocked her. One day she turned toward their touches, one day she touched them. Soon she was getting excited and making happy sounds whenever she heard them coming close.

The orphanage workers said, "she won't live long, she has Cerebral Palsy". It was obvious that Cerebral Palsy wasn't her main threat to a long life. She had been severely malnourished and neglected all her life. "No", said Mr.Smith, "I don't think she will live long on this earth, but she should be loved".

So saying, he picked her up and carried her outside.They took her on the airplane and they all flew home together. She did live long, 730 days with the Smith family. Each day was an offering to the Lord. Each day they worshipped God by loving each other.

When they were all reunited in heaven, Yeshua came to them walking hand in hand with Nadia. "Thank you, he said, for loving this little girl that I made. when you loved Nadia, you were loving me. Every thing that you did to care for Nadia you were doing for me."

This is not a true story. In truth Nadia (not her real name) is 6 years old and weighs 15 pounds. She is not held, not played with, not looked at and not ever talked to. She is fed through a feeding tube, but not nearly enough. She has never experienced the love showed to her in this story. The orphanage workers do not realise the worth of any of the children in their care. They don't know that God created them on purpose and in His image.

She will probably not live long. Because she has turned 6 years old, she is soon to be transferred to the same type of loveless facility where the other little girl died.

Is there anything that I can do for her? I do love her. "I love you Jesus and I am so thankful to you for making her. She is beautiful to me, but so much more to you. If someone brought her to me, I would care for her. If I could go get her I would. I don't know how we can leave her there alone. Will you go get her?

No comments: