For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Play Practice and... Wall... Stuff...

"And Linus, I want you to move the box forward so Charlie can stand on it." Linus nodded.
A few minutes later, Charlie started singing.
"But I confess, I don't know what they mean."
Most of us onstage were looking on as Charlie practiced his part. But, instead of a box, there was a chair there to step on. I think the chair would have broken if Charlie stepped onto it. Linus, seeing this, dutifully removed the chair and hurried to get something better. Meanwhile Charlie kept doing his part.
"I want to rise--" He stepped straight back to where the chair had been, but it was not there! We all laughed, and as he went back to his starting position Linus put the box in place.
"I want to rise--" This time he stepped back without expecting anything there, and unfortunately stumbled again.
You laugh harder when everyone else is there laughing; that's why I like doing things with other people and working together, even if everything doesn't get done your way.

Ephraim and I have gotten the bathtub in, and some kind of really thick wall-stuff instead of sheet-rock that doesn't take four different saws to cut. It doesn't because we tried that many, and the only thing that worked even a little bit was a box-knife. Imagine how poorly that works, when a jigsaw doesn't. I measured and drew lines for the little cupboards that there are going to be in the bath area. We had to cut out the holes for them from the wall-stuff.
Anyway, Ephraim is still out there, scoring and banging. He says he doesn't know what I can do to help, though I'm sure I could find something to do. That's why I'm going out when I finish this paragraph.
The End.

No comments: