For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My posting begins to be a common occurrence

But today, my beloved friends and readers of Mama's blog, you will hear from me only shortly, for Ephraim awaits me outside in the car.
He has refused (unless I beg) to go into any public building ever since one of own bees disloyally stung him right next to his eye, causing him to look unacceptably fat on the left side of his face. This has blighted his vanity too far already, and he will not go out without wearing my dark glasses at all.
Now don't think poorly of my poor brother, for I am sure if your face looked like his, you also would refrain from showing it off. He asked me how it looked.
"Better," I said. "It looks like someone just punched you in the eye, but that is a lot better than before."
He went to look in the mirror, and I think he mentally agreed with me.
Last night we were happy to find that half the outlets in the house work and half the water taps run water despite the fact that the breaker is off and so is the water.
Well, we were happy... and confused.
I decided that I was ignorant of such matters instantly, since I did not feel like puzzling over it myself. Ephraim has done so instead.
This morning I got a card in the mail and it means that Papa can now send me money. It was fun getting mail out of a box like that that was just in front of our house. I think we've had all kinds of mailboxes in our life, from the fancy kind at Home Depot to none at all, and this one is a very average one.
It is painted white and has webs on the inside, and leans on the stick which supports it (it's a little too thin) about 15 degrees past 90 from the ground into the street. The plastic hooky-thing that you use to open it seems to be, very slightly, the wrong size for itself, resulting in a feeling of almost-complete-ness that is frustrating.
Since I've spent so much time telling you about the mailbox, I'll have to summarize what else happened.
The cockroach guy came and sprayed stuff all over the house. He said he'd have to come back several times.
We cooked chicken soup and had broth, crackers, cheese, and lots of meat in our bowls for lunch.
We finished ripping up the plywood in the big room and there is some old wood floor underneath. It has been patched in two places and needs to be fixed in another, but besides that and the fact that it's not been well-taken-care-of, it's nice. Oh and it sags and bulges in different places. Maybe it's not exactly nice, but I'll say it's good. And dusty.
Enough about the floor.

Ephraim awaits me.
I just got a library card, so I'm going to check out a Naruto manga. They don't have a very big selection of manga.
Oh, and I'm going to try to find Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes! I read some of it at the Dimmick's house and I could not put that thing down!
Oh, and Maze Runner! I can't wait...

Good day, ya'll.

No comments: