For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Super Funny Lysterine story/ never posted from years ago

I was driving to pick Leon up from Mr. Ferguson's house. I was feeling a little nutty because I was in a hurry and I was all alone in the car. I'm hardly ever all alone. I was saying, whoohoo! and listening to music.Then I realized, "Oh, man, I never brushed my teeth". I saw Leon's little bottle of Lysterine. "great!" I grabbed it and went to take a little bit and swish vigorously for 30 seconds. (like it said on the bottle). I hit a bump and it filled my mouth and spilled onto my shirt. "I'll never be able to swish this..".

After about half a minute it started to burn and I realized that I was in trouble. "Where could I spit it out?!" ... "out the window?. "Could I do that without going off the road?" Then I thought about how cold it was and that the Listerine would freeze onto the side of the van. A big truck pulled up behind me," I was not going to spit in front of a truck driver".
It was burning more and more. "I'm going to get blisters on my tongue". I saw a quart jar.. but "What if I give someone a ride and that's still in the van. No, I can't have a jar of spit in the van."
I figured out how to hold it in my mouth so it wasn't right on my tongue. I started looking for a place to pull over. Then a truck passed me going the other way. I tried to look natural. I even tried to smile a little. I finally saw a good spot, pulled over, opened the door and got rid of the awful stuff.

I wish that was the end of the story but, I looked up and saw a farm house and thought, "oh no, they just saw me spit- I'll just pretend that I was throwing up. So I put my hand to my head and tried to look sick until I was sure they couldn't see me.
That's why I didn't want any hot tea when I got to Mr. Ferguson's.

No comments: