For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Thursday, May 28, 2020

coping skills/ written in Chile/ never posted

There are 4 things that I've done ever since I had only 2 children that have kept me at least sane on the harder days and bubbling with joy on the best days and usually somewhere in between.
1. Nap time. This is almost everyday for 1.5 hours. The children start out napping as babies and as they get older they move to looking at picture books and eventually they are working on school lessons and reading the hard books. During this time I can do anything I want. I usually listen to music, catch up on sewing, cooking and cleaning, take a nap and/or go for a walk (I couldn't do this one until they were trained and there was someone old enough to make sure the nap rules were followed) There is no talking, no going to the bathroom (unless it's an emergency), no leaving the nap spot, no touching anyone or communicating with anyone in any way.
2. Taking a walk. Everyday. I usually take some of the children with me. I pray from the moment my foot touches the driveway. When I have a short fuse or feel depressed, I go alone and pour out my desperate prayers to God.

No comments: