For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Friday, February 19, 2016

updates #2

--getting better,
 The first person threw up on the first drive and it's been going through everyone ever since. We had 3 sicknesses in a row and overlapping so it's starting to seem like it will never end, but it always does. Amazingly we have been getting a lot done. We now have an oven for cooking and an electric stove for heat. We have the use of a washer and dryer (cold water only). We have an indoor toilet and beds for everyone. Things are getting progressively better. It is better every day. That is fun and satisfying to be a part of. Everyone feels that.
 It smells good here and the down town is very nice and sweet. It's old but feels fresh and new. I don't fancy downtown areas but this is different and I don't mind it. I can see the downtown buildings from my house on the wrong side of the tracks. I like my neighborhood and that it is unassuming. It lacks that surreal feel that my home in Vancouver had.
I hope to learn the names of those I meet and to love them with Jesus love.
p.s Thank you miss Chris Collins for all those wonderful clothes that you gave Nelinha. If it weren't for you and my dear sister Pat, I don't know what I'd do.
Thank you all who attended our last party. , Thank you dad for the use of your house. I hope that you find it well kept. Mom, I'm still hoping to get you as a neighbor some day, praying for work here.
-guest author Goodenough from OK

No comments: