For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Vancouver/ my morning part #3


The weather was gray and drippy. I excused everyone to their clean up chores and I snuggled up in a corner of the floor couch with a big blanket and my 3 year old. The baby slept at my breast while I read. Her breathing was barely noticeable, but every once in a while something would startle her and her hands would fly up with fingers splayed out and a frown on her sleeping face.
The other children came in to the living room and fell on the floor with a cushion or blanket. We all look forward to our family reading time. We read the bible, and another book that is sweet and fun. Right now we are reading Pilgrims Progress.
Asaph taught the first class today. It was from a Joel Salatin book on family farming. Zuriel taught the second class which was sewing. Right now they are all working on a quilt from leftover scraps. I love how it's turning out. It is heavy and big enough for  several of us to sit together under. I taught third class.
"Okay, everyone", I announced, "take a short break while I make lunch". Everyone dispersed to either jump on the trampoline, help with lunch, play with Lego's or entertain the baby. Naphtali smelled so good when he came back inside. I held him and smelled the rainy air smell in his hair and coat.
"mmmm", home made broth soup with vegi's and cheese, fresh raw milk eggnog and some of Zuriel's healthy cookies still warm from the oven.

No comments: