For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Monday, December 21, 2015

Vancouver/ Sharing our news and reaching out to you

This is not going to be the birth story but just a note.
I got hit with a hard labor surge around 10 am. After that things got serious really fast. Within a half hour I headed back to my room sat on the bed with a mountain of pillows and sunk my mind and body into my birth zone.
This was the best labor and birth and recovery that I've ever experienced. Birth is a wonderful miracle to be celebrated. I had a list of powerful phrases on my wall that I used to look at often. One of them said, "having a baby is a lot of hard work but it should be enjoyable too. Let go and enjoy bringing your baby into the world". I meant to do this and I did.
Of course there was a time when I hated my experience and wanted out but that didn't last long. So much of how we perceive things is mental and emotional.
I am madly in love with little Promise. I have loved her since I put my hand on her little unborn head under the water. There was nothing that I wouldn't have done for her after that. There was no pain anymore, just love and care for her.
It is such a gift to feel a strong bond right from the start. I don't always feel that. Sometimes it takes a little time to feel the knitting of hearts between myself and my new baby who is a stranger to me. With this little Promise I felt as though she had always been with me.
Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes during this special time in our life.

No comments: