For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Thursday, December 03, 2015

BLINK

What was in the box? was it...
The internet modem thang if that's what it's called? Yes!
So here I am, finally NOT at the library but in my own cold, but well-lit, home, the sound of the tapping keys reverberating quietly from the far wall at the east end of the house.

The night was cold; I could see my breath. But I wasn't looking in the air in front of me; no, my eyes were focused on the screen as I went through the motions of posting another part on my story blog. "Don't read it; I'll be sure to change some part and I don't want to waste my ownse time." I told me. But suddenly
BLINK
The sound of a received message?
"Are you on?" It was a message from Papa. "My sugar."
"Hi Papa!" I typed energetically.
I accepted the video call and we talked for a long time, finally realizing my desire to see all their faces again.
"Hey Ephraim!" I called.
"Snore." He said from the bedroom.
I watched their reactions as they saw my latest little video.
"It's awesome!" Papa said. That sure felt good.
You who read the blog, do you want to see it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wij7BwxIgw
That's it.

3 comments:

Jennifer Goodenough said...

I feel so much better about going into labor now. I've never done it without Havilah since she was born. With Google Hangouts it will be just like having her here. We'll also get a bit of video in case the Hangout thing doesn't work. I love you Havilah.

Havi said...

I'm so happy. It'll be like I get to be there.

linda said...

Schweet!- glad you can connect w ma n pa n the birth via pc technology! ;)