For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Asaph is back in Vancouver/ baby update

Asaph got back home to us in Vancouver today! Lazuli (3) has such difficulty with change. She is SO happy that he is home but after a while she just started being mean, fussy and unhappy. When I was trying to get her to sleep she finally started talking about it. She said, "there is a large feeling that is trying to fight my life."
I told her that it was because of all the changes. I told her that God is here and He never changes. Then I talked to her about some of those things about God that won't ever change like, His love, His presence etc. She relaxed, closed her eyes and went right to sleep.
"Thank you father for letting me see into her heart to know where her fear was based so that I could talk to her about the truth that brought her peace".

My favorite time with the new baby is right when I lay in bed at night. He/she moves around like crazy then. I also like taking my daily walk and feeling that it's doing so much good to ease her transition into the world. I never talk to the baby before he/she is born. I love him quietly, inside, in my style.
I love being pregnant and don't easily give it up but there are some things that I look forward to such as: being able to lay on my back or stomach, no heartburn, more air, not having the lower half of my belly exposed and cold because the maternity shirts are too short, I look forward to being able to get closer to my lover without a giant belly in the way, although our forced creativity has been new and fresh. Of course the thing that I look forward to most is seeing the image of God in a new soul that he has created.

3 comments:

linda said...

awwww :)

linda said...

Glad Asaph made it home safely too! :)

linda said...

and glad you got to calm Lazuli down and remind her God never leaves her nor forsakes her and He never changes ;)