For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Thursday, July 04, 2013

Honestly, very happy




We are all happy as a family here. Our house is beautiful, simple, lit by candles and heated by a wood burning stove.  We live a few minutes from the most beautiful beaches that I've ever seen. There is no where to walk around here where the view is not lovely if not spectacular (unless you look down at the dogs , or the garbage near the dumpsters). Our life style may make many people in America long for what we have. I'm not bragging, we give credit to God alone for making this possible.

It's a very hard lifestyle, yes, but it honestly makes the children happier and helps them develop into people with stronger character. This life style is what I've always wanted for my children. When we leave and are no longer living this way, I hope that our children remember what they learned while living here.














1 comment:

Einstein's Brain said...

That is the lifestyle I want. I want a more simple way of life. If I ever have children, I want to live like that. I am thinking seriously of being a missionary again. I do miss the simplicity I had during my years in Asia.