For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

updates

Adoption Update: When I figure out how, I'll send the Internet homework to my case worker as well as the biographies on Leon and I and fingerprint clearance forms. I have the packet of papers ready to send to the case worker and one packet to the home study adoption agency. The only thing not done (in regards to the home study paperwork) will be the Internet home work. There are 2 adoption agencies that I send papers to. One is CASI here in Boise. They are handling the home study. The other agency is called Angel's Haven. They are in California. They will be placing the Liberian children in our family. After we pay the second adoption agencies registration fee they will send us the Dossier list of necessary papers. Hopefully these will be the same ones I just finished compiling. But, there will likely be some extras required.
It seems confusing but, while in the thick of it it doesn't. I only do one thing at a time and I take as much time as I need to. When I feel stress, I stop and pray and take a nap. I never steal from my snuggling with the kids time or making healthy food time. Apparently I have plenty of time to go to bed sick or fall asleep for an hour on the couch as this happens sometimes. Unfortunately, I also find time to whine and complain. "Help me Lord, to be more like you, help me to always have a cheerful approving smile for my husband and children."


Here is a little about my children. (this is mostly from biographies that I had to write for the adoption case worker)
Ephraim will be 13 years old this Christmas. His favorite school subject is Latin. He likes to teach me things he's learning in math. Today he taught me how to estimate square footage of large things like lakes, land, and anything shaped oddly, like an elephant. Last week he taught me about fractionated percentages. Ephraim expresses his creativity with his drums, woodworking, electronics and
robotics, as well as writing stories and songs. This year he is looking forward to our family reunion at the Cannon
Beach Conference Center. He is excited about adopting children because he will have more playmates. The only thing
he's sad about is how long it will take.
Havilah is 10 years old. Her favorite subject in school is Latin and she is also spends time daily on
reading, writing, spelling, and math. She is very outspoken and evangelistic. She would like to be a missionary
and ride horses. Havilah is excited about adoption and believes that God wants us to adopt.
Asaph is 8 years old. He would like to be a farmer. This year he was thrilled to get 3
goats to care for and milk. He is eager to start raising chickens for there eggs. In his bookwork he is using
Simply Numbers for mathematics and the McGuffey readers for reading and writing. Asaph is looking forward to
visiting our extended family and friends this September. He's excited that we are going to adopt so we can have
more people for wrestling and play.
Zuriel is 6 years old this August. She loves school time. She is learning eagerly to read and write. Her favorite way to learn is with games.
Zuriel wants to get a horse. She wants to adopt a girl her own age but would be happy for a boy any age also.
Naphtali is 3 years old. His favorite toys are his siblings and his papa. He loves to help everyone in the garden,
kitchen, cleaning etc. We have always called him our therapy baby because of his ability to cheer us up or make us
have good attitudes. We love looking at and listening to him.
Our family darling is our new little baby, Nehemiah. Every person in the family wants it to be his/her turn to
hold, cover up, or soothe the baby. The only complaint about him is that there's not enough of him to go around.
He was born the 5th of June and will be about a year old when the new children come home.
Our newest children haven't come home yet and we don't know their names or ages. We love them and pray for them.
We are expecting 2 children aged toddler and 5 but, we trust God to place the right children in our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gifty, Matt's sister, was adopted from an orphanage in Liberia in 1995 when she was 5. She is now a teenager and doesn't remember Liberia. She came here speaking the cutest accented English which was hard for us to understand, but easy for her 4 year old sister. It is really beautiful having Gifty in Matt's family. Even though we are divorced I still consider her a sister. Love, Laurie Wakefield