For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Light Hearted Advice Wanted

Today I took all the children with me to take Ephraim to his CLEP test. It still snows almost every day. I put on warm socks and hiking boots. I pulled on long johns, blue jeans, a black wool skirt (made my Xea) and the green and red skirt that I made in Vancouver. Now my legs would be warm. I put my red shirt on with a tunic over it. Then a thin vest, black button up sweater and my wool cape. If I were out long I would wear gloves. This is the outfit that I usually wear.
The old books talk about wearing long skirts and going for walks. I have been doing this for many years and it's terribly uncomfortable. I walk fast and they wrap tightly around my legs and twist my jeans or long john's. I end up holding them up to my knees for the entire walk. I've tried it with a slip and that didn't help. Does anyone have advice? I have to be able to walk fast and vigorously.
:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

clothes pins! lol