For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Sunday, May 01, 2022

April Happenings

  Our first two living goat kids are born on our new farm, our cat had 6 kittens, We got 100 more chickens and one rooster, (there's a joke in there somewhere). We have 8 adult rabbits and a new batch of 10 was just born this morning. Elsie is the one who does all the slaughtering and butchering of the animals. She is amazing! She is definitally out of the housecleaning and washing dishes rotation. We have enjoyed eating, rabbit, goat, and Muscovy duck lately.

 Naphtali is getting a drivers license and applying to the gap year at Denton Bible, We finished instaling our electric. To celebrate we are making our favorite homemade pizza. It's been over a year since we had an oven. There are so many foods that we miss. Pizza, cinnamon rolls and sour dough being the top three. Today, Leon is working with Naphtali, Nehemiah and Elsie to clean up the Oaks so that we can sell it. As I sit writing, I am waiting for Leon to call to say he is on his way home so that I can put the pizzas in the oven. The salad is sitting on the counter drowning in fresh chopped strawberries and waiting until just before we eat to have balsamic, olive oil and crumbled blue cheese added.  

Another happening is that our whole family (including Ryan and Zurielle) are leading the youth group at Calvary Chapel. It's funny because we never really believed in churches even having youth groups. But... we do believe in making desciples and preaching the gospel to each other and praying together and fellowship in so many forms. So, that's what we are doing. We had our first youth event outside of the weekly bible study. We had 10 people in attendance. That's one of the things I love about large families. No one actually showed up except my family and we hardly noticed. We still had a great party (with extra ice cream for everybody).

Sometimes when I tell people what we've been doing, it seems like I'm saying, "I'm so amazing." I hate that! I don't mention all the trash blown down by the stream that I STILL haven't picked up. I don't mention all the migraines and toothaches or just the days that I'm moping and don't want to go outside or change out of my pajama pants. I want to sit around and watch movies all day and eat Barbara's Jalepeno cheese puffs. I don't do it because it wouldn't really solve any problems and it would make us all feel depressed, but the lazy longing is in me. I also don't mention how bad we are at even keeping everything alive.

Wait, is that my phone flashing? Hooray, it's Leon. Time to go put those pizza's in the oven and fill the house with heavenly smells. Enjoy the beauty of sweet orange peppers and toasted pecans today!



No comments: