For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Letters to Zurielle

Dear Zurielle, Here is a note to help you not to feel homesick. Read this and you will feel like you are right here with us.:
Remember the day before you went on your trip and you mentioned how much you like kitkat?
Lazuli said, "what's kitkat?"
Then everyone else in the car tried to explain by comparing it to different candy bars. She was getting more and more frustrated because she didn't know what any of those were.
I felt pretty good about that and said, "Lazuli, do you know what a celery stick is?"
She said, "Of course!"
Now that my personal success as a parent had been proved, I could move on to helping Lazuli. I said, "well, kitkat is like a celery stick dipped in chocolate"
Zurielle, you backed me up at this point, and said "that's actually, sort of accurate"
(Thanks Roo)

Yesterday I was up making my bed when I heard Nehemiah coming up the stairs looking for me. I dropped beside the bed thinking that I would yell, "boo" at the right moment and make him scream.
Instead, after looking one direction, he was going to return down the stairs. So I said, "squeek squeek" like a little mouse. Then I started cracking up silently, shaking and just rolled over. Mia found me there and we both started laughing. I said, "did you hear me squeek?"
"no" he said. By this time tears were in both our eyes and we both just laughed out loud and hugged for a while.

Last night Nelinha was rubbing papa's feet for a licorice. She was laying on the floor and reaching her arm straight up to barely reach the feet and tickle them. I was watching her while she fell asleep. Her arm would start to drop and then it would wake her up and she would reach for the foot and start tickling again and then it would suddenly drop again. She kept doing this until finally her arm fell and she was in dream land. We gathered her up from the floor and she started to cry because she wanted to rub some more. She hadn't earned the licorice. Poor little thing.
"you worked long enough for a lolly pop, would that be good?"
She was happy then but too tired to suck for very long so she entrusted it to me to save for her.

The next day Lazuli did something so funny. I'll have to tell you about it in the next blog. We love you Zuri!


No comments: