For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Myday part # 5 / conclusion

When Leon and half the children blew in with the cold the rest of us were already sitting in the living room ready for family reading time.
"How was the jog?", I asked.
"Great, we did 9 sets!", was the enthusiastic reply as they sat down with red cheeks and cold hands.  Leon read the bible and a George Macdonald book called the Elect Lady. I really do like that book  even though I usually fall asleep while he's reading it.
When I woke up, Leon was excusing everyone to straighten the living room and go to bed. Like every night, several people requested to sleep in our room. It was Elsie's turn so she ran to get her bedding. There was a hustle as everyone ran around kissing everyone and trying to get into the bathroom.
We went to bed listening to Greg Koukle.

That was the last installment in my little series about my typical day. I didn't mention all the, "I love you's" that are given to me daily and all the hugs and kisses. I didn't mention all the quarrels that take soooo long to work out. I didn't mention all the tedious training in attitudes and proper ways to do chores and conflict resolution, or how many bandaids we go through in a month.
I don't always get to stay home, and lots of unexpected things happen with toilets overflowing, ovens breaking and children throwing up who DON'T make it to the bathroom. Their are also lots of fun times with the neighbors or drop in visitors and frequent house parties.
I hope that your typical day is a day that you will be glad to have had when you are a bit older and wiser. I hope that mine is too. We must remember that we are as happy as we choose to be.
 The Goodenough family loves you.

No comments: