For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Thursday, March 05, 2009

too busy, writing again

We got another update from our placing agency. The word from Liberia is that the new laws will be finished being written next week. Then all the adoptions in process will be able to complete under the old laws. They have been saying a similar thing for months so, who knows? Who? God knows. He has recently taken away my frustration and filled me will peace and contentment about His time frame,..again. Maybe they won't come until the baby comes. Maybe they won't come until we expected to be on our trip to the Portland area this summer. That's OK with me. I can trust God with it all. I would love for them to come soon. We are trying to make ourselves prepared knowing that they could come this month. This weekend we are going to go ahead and buy mattresses for them.

Wow, we have a lot of festivities this month! We have b-days for Leon, Naphtali, Havilah, Leon's mama, my mama, my brother and my niece. Please let me know who's b-day I'm forgetting. Ephraim's creation day is this month. We have family coming to visit and two other families coming just for dinner. Three goats and our cat are expected to give birth.
I am going to the Above Rubies ladies retreat and will be gone 3 days. I think that the Lord is pleased with me going to this retreat. My heart needed to be prepared and strengthened to receive the three new children that God has been pleased to entrust to us.
So today we've got to finish a cake, sour dough, pizza dough, return movies,and grocery shop. Tomorrow we'll make our customary pizza's and try to make up on snuggles and discipline that a busy day out always necessitates. I am pretty careful to only go out one day a week, not counting the weekends which we spend out and about usually.
That's my crazy March. I should have been more careful in my planning. I will try to use more discernment next March. For now, I'll use some little tricks I've leaned to keep things as un-crazy as possible. The main concept to apply is praying without ceasing.

New thought: I haven't felt free to blog these past months. I used to blog as a kind of journal for my whole family. I thought that some day I'd use the blogs to write a book. Then I realized that I had to be careful to not write anything that could get us in trouble with anyone, or anything to personal etc. I no longer felt free to express myself.
I LOVE to write and feel that I NEED to write but, I sit in front of the empty blog screen and I can't be interested in saying anything. If I try to write what I think people want to hear, I can't find anything creative in me. So, I will go back to thinking of it as just journaling for myself and my future book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your family and all the many adventures you have ahead of you! Don't quit sharing. Although, I haven't been blogging either.

erin said...

don't ever write to please men. I love your writings and hope you continue in the same spirit as which you intended them. I love you all...erin