For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Monday, May 30, 2016

Velas Part 13

I lit one of my candle-ends and then, leaving the lighter next to it I reached back and brushed the dust off my feet over the ground.
Then I rolled from the top of the boy's triple bunk onto my bed and put my feet into the covers. I took off my jean belt and looped it over the side of my bed.
I reached into the cubby hole where I kept my notebooks and belongings and took out my smallest notebook.
"The Castors came this day. I am waiting for Mama to read Jean Val Jean. We are at the spot right before Javert jumps into the water (I read ahead). She starts."
Mama's voice began to sound through the thin wall as she read from Les Miserables, and I closed the journal, pinched the candle-wick (blowing splashes the wax), and lay back in my bed with a happy feeling, listening to the interesting story and the lengthy descriptions of people, thoughts and feelings in it.
The End.

No comments: