For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Levina, daily things, 10 weeks to wait

If you haven't already been following Levina's adoption blog, you may want to click on the link by that name located here on our Goodenough family blog.

The family band has another show next Friday at a church. We are only doing 4 songs. We've been working on recording a song for the Pilgrims tribute album.

This week I went out on the buses and subway for the first time without Leon. Havilah and I went to the orphanage. The trip was easy and quick. I listened to The Horse Thieves on my mp3 player on the way back. It may have been the first time their music was heard on the subway in Chile, South America.

We went to the Feria today. Leon bought a nylon stringed guitar. The quality isn't great but it is hand made in Chile and it will be a good one for the children to play. It's very easy to buy inexpensive clothes and shoes at the Feria, if you don't mind used. I buy jeans for the boys for 300-500 pesos a pair. 500 pesos is about 1$ in the U.S.
Once we were walking by a produce table when a couple men started shouting, "gringo, gringo!". They wanted us to come back and buy from them. "Gringo" is not an insult here. They love gringo's.
An elderly lady took some time stroking Zuriel's face and touching Naphtali's hair today. She was crooning something in Spanish that the children didn't understand. They just stood still and smiled into her face. The blonde hair of the little ones makes the abuelita's happy. Something about Zuriel's face makes even younger women stroke her cheeks and talk lovingly. Maybe it's her freckles.
When I was waiting for Leon and wanted to sit down, I sat on my bag on the ground. Several people gave me shocked looks like, "why are you doing that!!" I'm not sure what I was doing wrong.

I think next week when I go to the Feria I better start stocking up on tiny onesies, diapers and other essentials. We only have 10 weeks left before our home is transformed by the blessings that a newborn brings. I don't even have a receiving blanket. In all other ways, we all feel ready to receive this miracle and proof of God's life and beauty.


No comments: