For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Friday, June 03, 2011

Zuriel

A little book for Zuriel. Because I don't love anyone else like I love you!

I have a nice bed that I share with my baby sister. Sometimes my mama and papa and I want me to sleep in their room. I lay out several blankets and look forward to it all day. When everyone goes to bed that night, I go into their room instead.

One of these nights before my new sister came, Mama and I were talking about the new baby that was growing inside her. Mama told me that Mama love isn't like a pie where each new baby get's a slice making everyones slices smaller.

It's more like a garden. When each new child is given, a new flower of love is planted. Some grow fast and some slow. Some seem like they are not going to grow at all and then suddenly, out comes a beautiful flower that is worth the wait. This is why sometimes mama's heart feels like it will burst with love!

Mama said that she will not love the new baby 'like' she loves me, but she will love him or her as much.

No comments: