For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Friday, June 03, 2011

Naphtali

A little book for Naphtali. "Because my love for you is just for you and I don't share it with anyone else on earth".


Every Friday Mama makes pizza and gives the pineapple juice to me.
I sit on the counter and drink it while she works. Mama talks to me and gives me the 'extra' olives and dough bits. I don't ask for a pepperoni. My mama knows that I want one. We all do.
I don't mind waiting. I smell the tomato, garlic, onion, pepperoni and ham smell.

My sister is grating the cheese when the oven beeps that it is ready to cook our supper for us.
She puts the big one in the oven, sets the timer and turns to me.

"Naphtali", She says my name like it's a Christmas present. She smiles brightly while she says it, looks into my eyes and gives me a soft hug. "You may drink your juice and do anything that you like for the next 16 minutes and then we'll eat pizza!"

1 comment:

erin said...

I want to be naphtali today.