For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Friday, June 17, 2011

A very important person

This is a blog post by someone who visited our dear Levina. I do not know this person or organization so I cannot personally recommend it. However, I love them for caring for this important person, Levina. almazgo.com/projects/vorzel2011/blog/katia/

I am able tell you now that Levina is the Nadia of my previous blog story and the inspiration for my story entitled, They Said She Wasn't Worth Fighting For. She is also the Levina from the Kelley's site; www.Ukrainianorphans.com


16 June 2011, Thursday

There are not words to fully describe to you this precious girl, Levina. When I first heard about her, I thought the condition being described to me was an exaggeration. Surely, such a sweet girl was more then the picture painted to me. But no, it heart breakingly was true. Levina is just skin and bones. Because of the lack of muscles (atrophy has set in), she has no strength to do anything but lay. Her body is so tight and she struggles to stretch. When I arrived at her room (in quarantine) to visit her, the nurses were shocked. "Why do you want to spend time with her, she just lays in her bed." I thought to myself "that is EXACTLY why we are here." Katia responds most when you touch her face and head. I don't know what the future holds for her. I pray that a loving family will swoop her up quickly (I don't believe she has a lot of time) and restore her back to full health.

No comments: