For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Song Name: No Mail

I was on the phone with Mama, and she was telling me that people are reading this blog, and I realized, My badness. If people are actually reading what we write, I should keep writing or else it'll be like I'm just being mean.
Ephraim and I are writing a song that goes,

"Open up your mail bag, mailman and see
You must have a letter there waiting for me,

But you pass me by,
Like I'm not even here.
You pass me by,
And you leave me in tears!"

I have written the whole thing, and am mentally debating whether to put it here.
I looked at my clean bowl this morning, and thought about whether to make coffee or food.
There were dirty dishes (including the spoon that I needed to stir in honey), that needed to be washed before I made food. But the main deciding factor was the fact that the water in the hervidor was filtered. I don't wash the dishes with filtered water, and I do make coffee with it.
Whenever I make coffee, I say,
"Ephraim, do you want me to make enough for you?" If I make enough for him I have to filter it into first my bowl and then his, but it's not that much extra trouble. But he always says,
"No, that's alright."
Then I say,
"Well, you can have some drinks of mine."
And then after I make the coffee REALLY SUPER DELICIOUS, he takes a drink.
But not just any drink.
This drink takes up three seconds and an inch on the wide jar.
A ginormous drink.

Next verse:
"Hoping for a package and a letter from home
Postcard from McKennaugh in Troy PA zone
Magazines or junkmail, don't really care
Just as long as you don't leave NOTHING in there,

But you pass me by,
Like I'm not even here
You pass me by,
And you leave me in tears

Open up your mail bag, mailman and see,
You must have a letter there, waiting for me
Running to the door, it's in there you'll see!
Calling out the window, Listen to me!

But you pass me by,
Like I'm not even here.
You pass me by,
And you leave me in tears!"

The End

If you want to hear just the song part, you can look on my reverbnation account: https://www.reverbnation.com/havilahgoodenough?profile_view_source=profile_box
This song was created because there was no mail one day and Ephraim started singing what became the first verse.
Soon I'll be recording myself singing it, but right now I can't get my microphone to work.

No comments: