For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Velas Part 11

When I realized that the Castors weren't going to be able to finish even half their bowls, I started to think it was really funny.
Then I remembered how much I used to eat before we came here. And I realized, we really eat a lot. Then as my gaze travelled from Mrs. Castor's bowl to her and her husband's face, I really did chuckle, because they were staring at us and watching us put the food away like we were some kind of eating monsters. (Nobody noticed me laughing though because everyone was already laughing and talking.) The availability and amount of seconds was decreasing rapidly though, and I decided on a good course of action in order to acquire the most.
"Mrs. Castor," I said. "Are you not going to finish that?" She assented and I added, "Because can I have it?"
"No wait! Can I have it?" Asaph interrupted. If there is a fight over leftovers and Mama has to intervene then we all have an equal chance of getting it.
"Wait! I want it!" Someone else said loudly.
"Havilah can have it," Mama settled it. I took the bowl with thanks and ate that'all, and then I was full.

No comments: