For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tennessee

There are delays getting the Visa's. We now need Exit permits after the Visa's are issued. Also, the new policy requires the parents to pick up the Exit permits in person. We are pleading to be grandfathered in since we were approved and our adoption was completed long before this new law took effect.
I get to fly to Tennessee tomorrow and see my mom. She was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer and had surgery to remove it. It was benign! I am thrilled at the prospect of getting more time with her. I plan to record her life story to some day write a book or maybe just give the family Cd's. I am excited for the trip and the time with Elsie and my mom and step dad. Leon will be with the children at home. He always does such a good job with them.

1 comment:

erin said...

I didn't know you got to go see your mom! What a blessing for both of you.