For more Goodenough adventures,
follow our Instagram @TheGoodenoughFamily

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Woodland to Anaheim

"I'm getting excited. It's more of an adventure than it ever has been" This is what Leon said this morning.
Well, we left the Simonatti's last Sunday after a wonderful sending off time. People played music until late at night. Kids bounced on the trampoline from about 6 am until about 11 pm. It was an encouraging and exhilarating time. I shall never forget it. I have cemented in my memory many pictures. Among which are; Kevin bending over and talking with Havilah to say goodbye, Charissa and Christy talking together in their old familiar way, mom Betsy hugging me with tears, Monica's car as it wound out of sight carrying my dear friend away, and many others. The next day as we drove off we both felt as we had never felt; Light, free, completely unburdened. We reveled in this new feeling as we headed slowly to California.
When we finally got to Anaheim we were prepared to board the tram from the hotel. Then, (I'm sure my parents and brothers can see this one coming) I got a migraine. God continues to teach us from Leon down to little Naphi that we need to hold things loosely. He is always taking things away and changing things at the last minute. We expect this so much now that even the kids are expecting it. We all say "Ok, what's the new and different good thing God has for us, sickness? flat tire? God is good."

No comments: